There comes a time in every It girl’s life where her tresses start to lose their luster and the meh factor takes over. Your haircare routine is #onfleek (duh), but your ‘do could use a little more oomph. As much as we love ’em, long layers, lobs and topknots get boring after a while. Luckily, we have the solution — 12 of them, to be exact. While our signature move is to look to celeb hairstylists when our locks need some love, we’ve decided to switch gears and gather inspo from a serious style source — the runway. Best believe that our findings — some of Spring/Summer 2017’s biggest trends — are straight-up stunning.
1. Accessorize: Tibi knows that when you’ve got a good thing going, it’s best not to mess with it. With that in mind, look to elevated and unexpected accessories to take a tried-and-true hairstyle to the next level. If a belt isn’t your thing, opt for a sleek, oversized barrette or a bright scarf.
2. Best Messy: Let your inner lazy girl run wild a la Adam Selman with a messy AF ‘do that comes together in two seconds flat. We love the idea of dressing it up with a sleek suit and menswear-inspired kicks for the office or a slinky slip dress and statement faux fur coat for a wild night out on the town.
3. Badass Buns: Ballerina buns have never really captured your attention — until now. Done in the style of Christian Dior with cornrow-esque braids in the back, the dancer-like ‘do is guaranteed to score you a few extra style points with your crew. DO pair with edgy accessories like a leather jacket and aviators to send those tough-girl vibes into overdrive.
4. Severely Parted: If it’s good enough for Victoria Beckham, it’s good enough for us. This no-fuss look fares well with a variety of hair types and straight-up slays whether you rock it with big volume or slicked back and straight.
5. Wrapped Up: Alice + Olivia’s Spring/Summer ’17 presentation was serious hair #goals. While fishtail braids had our hearts a flutter, it was this elegantly undone style that us swooning hard. Choose a colorful, printed bandana for maximum impact and pull pieces out to achieve a romantic, free-wheelin’ vibe. We’re bookmarking this one for Saturday morning chillin’ and escapes to balmy locales.